Thanks to the weather and varying road conditions, your windshield is always under assault. If it's dry out, you can be sure that there's a thin layer of dust on it. If it's raining, that water can turn the dust into mud. Winter conditions deposit ice and snow. No matter what, your visibility suffers. That's where your BMW factory wipers come in.
What Your Wipers Do
The wipers are the metal arms that sweep in sync across your windshield, clearing it of debris. Your SUV may even have one located at the tailgate. The problem is, that metal would quickly etch permanent grooves into the glass. That's why they're covered with wiper blades, which are rubberized strips that cushion the contact and help completely clear your windshield.
How to Spot Failing Wipers
Your wipers and wiper blades can go bad over time, however. Fortunately, the signs of this are evident since they're right in front of your eyes. They include:
- Streaking on the windshield
- The wipers make a chattering sound when they're operating
- The wipers skip across the windshield
- You spot cracks or broken pieces in the wiper blades
Genuine OEM Wipers Are Best
If you do need to replace your wipers, wiper blades, or any related components, make sure that you choose the right ones for your BMW. The real-deal parts made by your OEM are the only ones guaranteed to be fully compatible with your model. Our online auto parts department has everything you need for this DIY project, in stock and ready to ship to your front door. Buy now to save both time and money!
No results found for "windshield wiper blades, wiper blades". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!