Your BMW suspension is likely composed of a chassis, shocks, struts, coil springs, and an anti-sway bar. They team to support your vehicle's weight, reduce any body roll, keep your wheels reliably rolling, and maintain the proper alignment that makes it easier for you to turn and brake. In short, they have everything to do with how comfortable your ride is – or isn't.
Eventually, though, your suspension may not perform as well as it used to. When it starts to fail, your handling will suffer. The trouble will magnify as other parts suffer wear and tear, leading to a loss of stability and control.
How to Spot Suspension Issues
Fortunately, signs of suspension failure are easy to identify. They include:
- A clunking sound from below your vehicle
- The tire treads are wearing unevenly
- Your BMW leans to the side when you’re parked
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when you're turning
- You spot grease or oil building up on the suspension components
Keep Your Ride Quality Comfortable | Choose Genuine OEM Suspension Parts
If you notice any of these problems, perform an inspection. If that reveals the need to replace a suspension part, do it as quickly as possible. Buying authentic BMW suspension parts is your best choice, since they're the only ones that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model. Find everything that you need right here in our online auto parts catalog, in stock and ready to ship to your door. Buy now and save!
No results found for "suspension, shock, strut". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!