Your BMW depends on the factory-installed air filter to help keep the engine free of pollutants and other debris. Without it, your engine wouldn’t be able to operate at peak efficiency. A clogged air filter can lead to carbon building up in your engine, which increases harmful emissions and inhibits performance
How Your Air Filter Works
Your air filter sits on your engine's intake, gathering dirt and contaminants before they can get into the motor and cause trouble. Eventually, though, even the highest quality air filter can start to degrade or get clogged. That reduces its ability to do its job, and heightens the potential for engine problems.
How to Tell Your Air Filter Needs Replacing
Fortunately, it's pretty easy to spot the signs when your air filter starts to go bad. Here are some indications:
- The engine starts misfiring
- Your fuel economy begins to suffer
- You notice reduced horsepower
- You see dark smoke coming from the exhaust
- You hear odd noises from the engine
- Your "Check Engine" light comes on
One way to prevent any problems is to change your air filter according to the maintenance scheduled that's detailed in your owner's manual. When it is time to replace a failing filter, make sure to choose the right one. For you and your vehicle, that's one made by BMW. They're the only filters that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model, ensuring the precise fit and performance your BMW demands. Find yours right here in our online auto parts catalog, in stock and ready to ship to your home. Buy now to save time and money!
No results found for "air filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!